Saturday 12 February 2011

Wedding Follies


“Planning a wedding isn’t a light matter.” 

How many times have u heard that?  Trust me, it’s nothing compared to when you are actually doing it, and doing it for your self.  I have been with my fiancé for a year and a little less than three months, of that time; we have been engaged for about eight months.  We plan to get married on September 10, 2011.

Each wedding has stable elements such as a venue, a caterer, some flowers, a photographer, and entertainment.  But trying to give it a twist isn’t too simple, especially when traditions and expectations play a significant role.  Another factor that gets me scratching my head with innovation is the fact that my sister in law and my fiancé’s cousin are getting married in the same season. 




Imagine the competition!

For the past few months I’ve been checking different venues to find the one with the right structure and landscaping.  I was looking for something outdoors, pool side, great view of the city and with stairs for me to come down on.

I finally found it, and reserved it yesterday!  Enough details!




Selecting the caterer was made easy for me considering that my venue had an exclusive caterer that throws one spectacular banquet.  Similarly, the venue also has an exclusive light and sound engineer that is guaranteed to get the party going.




What were left were the photographer and florist; until I attended the Wedding Follies Expo in BIEL.  This exhibition collects most of the event planners, venues, photographers, florists, car rental agencies, travel agencies, hair stylists, haute couture, and many other vendors which a bride to be might need to get her wedding on track.  At the Wedding Follies I managed to get a great deal on a photographer and florist.


What comes next is the rest of the entertainment, the fire works, and more surprises all under a new theme I’m yet to reveal.

No comments:

Post a Comment