Wednesday 16 February 2011

Valentine’s Day

Red is my favorite color, but on Valentine’s Day, and the week before it, it becomes repulsive.  Shops are filled with too many red roses, teddy bears, and hearts that it becomes a sign of ridicule rather than love.

Non-the-less, this holiday cannot pass uncelebrated. 

In stead of the traditional lovey dovey gift with flowers and a dinner, I decided to change the entire theme of Valentine’s Day and turn it into something more practical, concrete, and a true symbol of love and devotion. 

Our apartment!


I had mentioned before that my fiancé and I are in the midst of remodeling the apartment, so it’s basically a wreck; even so, I decided to prepare a dinner and bring it over for the occasion.  Of course, to do that I’d have to actually cook it at my parents’ house, pack it, in addition to all the serving bowls, plates, cups, cutlery, chairs, table, and a portable gas tank; and bring it to the apartment.  The menu I prepared was entirely Italian!


The Menu:

Appetizers

Bread, Butter, and minced black olives
Romano Bread

Salad

Mozzarella, Tomato, and Basil Salad

Pasta

Fettuccini Alfredo

Main Course

Steak with Portobello Mushroom Sauce

Deserts

Apple Tart
Strawberry Tart
Crème Brule Tart


I got my sister-in-law to help me get my fiancé to the apartment, by coming up with a story.

Everything worked like a dream!  He couldn’t believe his eyes when he walked through the door.  He was surprised, happy, and very grateful with the whole idea.

To top off the “Our Apartment” theme, I got him a Tefal Crepe pan.  J  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment